Saturday, February 27, 2021

Emotional Week/Journal Entry

This week has had lots of highs and lows and I am tired. I have had a migraine for about a week now which is not like me so my tolerance is very low. We moved the girls into their beautiful new room which meant cleaning out two other bedrooms and organizing for days - it made me think of all the times we moved and I feel like I am getting too old for that now or maybe have too many little people. My girlfriend is getting ready to move this summer with her six and it made me have so many prayers and sympathy for her. Also, it has been a full on sorority party every night trying to get people to sleep and be on the same schedule. Although they have already had so much fun together. 

This week the roof in the restaurant leaked all over and then the smoker blew up while the restaurant was full of people. Ukk. No one was hurt and they all were taken over to have free dinner across the street at East End. Lots of fire trucks. 

One of Nephi's primary teachers at church lost his wife to Covid this week. This is probably the closest death from covid we have encountered. At this point, we have known several families who have had it and managed. Right now Levi invited him over to shoot mussel loaders with him. I opened the door and burst into tears. I have experienced death so much and so it is a very comfortable conversation in our house but to lose a spouse without being able to be with them because of regulations while they pass has to be a whole different level. He already had Covid - isn't he immune? Do you think he cares at this point if he gets it? Ukk. So many emotions including frustration and even anger. 

Yesterday, Levi and I went on a date for the first time in one year - Woody watched the kids this day last year and we went to the temple. This year the temple is closed. Its our temple anniversary of 10 years. Our friends from church offered to watch everyone and it was amazing. I remember a time when I would never leave my babies to go on a date but now that I homeschool everyone and I am with them all day everyday I miss dates with just Levi. It was great. We went to East End for dinner and Ripple for dessert than we got Starbucks and sat by the river next to our old house in West Lafayette. 

THE HOUSE DON'T FALL WHEN THE BONES ARE GOOD. - Maren Morris

Tonight we are having a CC father-daughter dance and I probably overly committed myself to decorate and take photos but I know the girls will love it so much. I am thankful for all the people who put their efforts into making it happen especially this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to it! Co-op

We are back at the school routine! We are blessed to be going back to co-op! I am teaching Logic and Science this year. No pictures of Logic...