Sunday, August 23, 2020

This week.

 This past week has been a little hard around here. I actually have not been feeling so much like myself. I have had pretty low energy and I got poison ivy the worst I have ever had it. My face/throat/neck/arms/stomach so much that it messed up my sinuses. 

Anyways, I hope to remember to have a better respect for that plant and Levi thankfully cleared a few places around the yard that had it. 

The kids all had dentist appointments in Indianapolis and Levi worked most of the weekend and is at work now. 

SO.... I started the week with deciding to jump fully into school just because really. We start our weekly coop next week and I thought it would be a good reason to make sure we were ready. 

Then our course changed. In Indiana we have to homeschool for 180 days a year so really it is never difficult to get to that number - especially during a pandemic. 

Trouble. 

I took them on a late night gator ride to find the perfect tree for our friends. 
We learned a hard lesson in our house this past week. Our great friends lost a little baby boy and we decided to share this topic with the kids. I have cried for this little baby so much this week. I spoke about it at church last week. It is so hard to watch your friends grieve and also watch how amazingly faithful they still are in the Lord's plan. 


We found an Eastern Red Cedar tree at the front of our property and gifted it to them to remember him. 





Then there was this that was happening lots this week......


Hard boiled egg - DOUBLE! So Fun for Coraline to Find. 



We put up TONS of tomatoes to make tomato soup for winter time. 


I also let Clairana, Nephi, and Coraline all milk our mama goat this week!
 Clairana really got the hang of it! 


Damon who we have known for so long and Levi gets to work with him now recommended we get these books. So of course we did. This week we went on lots of walks with them and turned our school days into mushroom/plant days. It was neat because we found so many because it is just for our region!


Coraline is begging to sew a napkin and Nephi is begging to play a card game before bed so I best get to it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

LCA