Saturday, November 3, 2018

Cecily Edithe Has Arrived!

Number FIVE - Cecily Edithe Evans
(Sess-uh-lee)
I picked her first name and her middle name was a toss up between grandmother's middle names. 
Edith is from Levi's side of the family. His grandfather's mother was named Mabel Edith Evans.
She was born on Monday, October 29th 2018.
7 lbs 4 oz 21 inches long
Born 6:10 P.M.
Midwife at the Hospital
Her pregnancy will forever be remembered as the gymnast. 
She flipped breech to head down several times which was scaring to think after four births that I may end up with a planned cesarean.
She was scheduled for an induction on Monday morning at 7:00 (we have never had a scheduled induction although all have been late) instead my water broke around 4:00 in the morning so she did end up picking her time to arrive - I was SO excited. I was nervous to force my body to give birth. 
Worked. Out. Perfectly. 
I went to check in at the hospital at 7 I drove myself and Levi went to go drop off kids - with the idea that we would meet back at home to labor there. 
Then I never got to leave the hospital - BUMMER. 
I did end up on Pitocin to further her along mostly I think because I was at the hospital and couldn't get myself into full active labor - I had never labored at the hospital so it was strange. Its hard when you are surrounded by hospital staff and stuck in a room! 
I will never know why women choose to go labor at the hospital so early on. 
She was posterior meaning 'sunny side up' which made for back labor which I thankfully had never had before. I ended up getting an epidural around 5 cm and then Levi went to get food and they came in and checked me and said when dad gets back we will have a baby. 
She arrived shortly after. The epidural was a blessing to help my body relax and seemed to do the trick. 
We signed every waiver and begged to go home early - we ended up being discharged after 24 hrs which normally its 48-72 hrs. 
We are all home and resting and enjoying our caboose. Everyone wants to hold her all the time. 
Coraline and Clairana are completely in love and are amazed at every tiny sound or movement she makes. Cabella seems to enjoy me not hovering over her and letting her play with the big kids and has had no jealous which seems strange. Nephi is my most attentive - he is always watching the girls and making sure they are obeying the rules with the new addition - hand washing, no carrying, not touching her face....etc. 




This picture was right before we were discharged - wonder why they let us leave the hospital.....hahaha


Our first night. I promise I wasn't angry - still not photogenic after births. Don't know how some ladies do it while looking amazing. 

More to come when we get a routine. 
Levi has been home all week which is so great. 
I promised myself that I was going to enjoy this time and take it easy on my body and not rush doing anything. I have had too many births where he has went back to work the next day and it is honestly too much. 
I already feel like I am healing pretty fast. 

#EvansPartyOfSeven
#Complete
#Yesheistheonlyboy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to it! Co-op

We are back at the school routine! We are blessed to be going back to co-op! I am teaching Logic and Science this year. No pictures of Logic...