Friday, October 23, 2020

For me to remember

I want to remember today, a few months ago I was told that my retina was detaching and we would start to watch the progress and determine when surgery would happen. My grandmother on my mom's side had this same issue and I remember her not being able to see at all and having huge magnify glasses in her house and never attempting to even write a check. She had the surgery and according to my mom it was a mess that went downhill from there. I read everyday to my kids and for myself and it is such a part of our lives that to think of losing that broke my heart. Even if not this year or in ten years it was still hard to hear. Anyways, I am so thankful for my eye doctor that I really like and that I know personally even though he would not be the one to do the surgery when needed he said he would be part of my journey the whole time. I am thankful for Levi today, he met me at the eye clinic to wait in the suburban with the kids while I went in to have more test done. Before I went in he put his hands on my head and gave me a priesthood blessing of comfort. I am so grateful and want to remember how strongly I love him and no matter who is around or where we are he will always pray with us or give us blessings.  

After the most thorough eye exam I have ever had (even more thorough than when I was getting PRK) it was determined that my detachment was just slightly more than three months ago and I could wait to be seen again for another six months. 


Thankful. Life is such an emotional roller coaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LCA