Friday, June 14, 2019

Homeschooling Convention!

I was looking back and could not believe I didn't finish blogging about my amazing time. 
I am sure it was because I wanted to make sure I had lots of time uninterrupted but....
that still doesn't seem to be yet - as I am hanging out with Bella at 10:30

So here is the amazing rundown. 
I went with two amazing mamas that I homeschool with and we took along Cecily. 
Got lots of knowledge and I was star struck a few times.
Lots of inspiration 
Lots of purchases - I buy books rather than clothes.
I ended up buying a couple instruments to make part of our homeschooling lessons next year!
Lap Harp and the Ukulele


Our first day with Millie and Anne!

Meeting Sarah Mackenzie! She does an amazing podcast called Read Aloud Revival and she has written a few books that I have read.
Millie went up to her right away!


Anne and I were like the paparazzi taking their picture!

Then the next day we got the nerve to ask for our picture too!

We were all over the place with trying to make it to see everyone speak - next year it would be SO nice to go an extra day just to relax and actually eat. 

Anne and Cecily (Anne has five of her own so Cecily was overly loved during our trip)


The books I bought for the harp were not going to be in for a few days so Clairana made up her own music right away.
Amazing.


We had to document this because she REFUSED to sleep in this stroller the whole time and right before we left to head home she gave it up!

From our Hotel Room - Our room was small but SO convenient to the conference center. 

Adam Andrews - Center for Lit


I was SO excited for this panel of authors - Jennifer Trafton was my favorite the kids and I read two of her books last year and they will hang on to me forever. I recommend them to everyone.
Henry the Chalk Dragon
The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic  

I got to ask her when she would be writing a new one and she said its in the works! Yippee! 



This is pretty much how I enjoyed most talks

PAM BARNHILL! For Real I was SO EXCITED. She asked to hold Cecily and I was thrilled.
She is so Southern and I just love all the things she produces - podcast, books, planners....


Ian Andrews and The Daily Poem Podcast 


I am getting interrupted so maybe I will go into more amazing details later but for now at least I added it to my memories. 

I am so thankful Levi was able to take time off so I could have my cup filled up with knowledge. I continue to learn SO much more on this homeschooling journey than I ever thought possible. The amount of knowledge and freedom to learn is amazing and I am forever grateful for these years to learn again and on a deeper level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to it! Co-op

We are back at the school routine! We are blessed to be going back to co-op! I am teaching Logic and Science this year. No pictures of Logic...