Thursday, February 3, 2022

Statehouse Adventure

Perfect Weather Timing.
I took the kids to the Statehouse for a tour and to peek in on sessions. 
The weather was amazing - in the 50s. Right before the snow storm.
I ended up having a little drama before we left but it worked out lovely.
My van is too big for any of the parking garages so I had another mother who was going offer to take Nephi and Clairana so I was down to three littles - then I asked Aunt Woody if she would mind driving us down. It all worked out wonderful and I was so happy for the help.
It was nice that Clairana and Nephi got to go early and see everything and we followed up after lunch for the official tour. 
Woody always says yes when I asked her to attempt my adventures with all the kids - maybe I should invite her just to come over and relax more instead of a big to do but its always memorable and we work so well as a parenting team!



Clairand and Nephi with their friend Adam.


Luke, Adam, Clairana, Nephi front and center with the tour guide. 
This ornery one that seems to not want to hang out with us very much and would rather wonder around looking for herself. 

The big kids were treated to donuts before the littles got there. Thanks Dennise! They had the best downtown tour guide because Dennise worked downtown and knew all the places to show them. 




Aunt Woody with Coraline and Cabella!

Clairana - reading everything.

Telephone booth was a big hit.









House of Representatives Gallery



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corn Service

For our weekly Young Women's activity we picked corn for our local food bank.  We picked over 1600 lbs of sweet corn!  We invited a Musl...