Thursday, September 6, 2012

BIG CHANGES COMING SOON!

BIG CHANGES COMING SOON.....

NO We Are NOT Expecting!

About a month ago, I was having a guilt filled day at home because it seemed as though Clairana was bored with me and Nephi was fussing all day....So I sat everyone down to watch a movie and I vedged out online. While online, I thought I would just look at the Purdue employment page.... I found a position for an Account Manager for National Science Foundation Grants. (NSF Grants) Which is kinda humorous because my whole banking career I have know NSF to be Non Sufficient. Funds...anyways...  It was a full time position that I met the requirements for but I knew that getting on a Purdue was very difficult as we had learned from who Levi had to 'beat out' to get his position.

But I did it anyways, I submitted my resume thinking if it was meant to happen it would.

I didn't say anything to anyone maybe because I felt guilt for applying or maybe I didn't want to have to reevaluate after I didn't get the position. Or I didn't want to be judge for not wanting to be home all day anymore? Or did I really want to go back to work? Tons of emotions.

I got a call for a interview, I told Levi who then told my mom, so the word was out.

Felt really good about my interview but I also thought it was a great way to practice interviewing because I had not done that in six years.

Got a second interview. Felt like it was okay. Then I got word they were checking my references - THANK YOU to my references.

I got the job. OOh boy. So now we are looking at how nice it will be to pay off our trip out here and get our own place - seems our house did not sell this summer. So, we interviewed a few different childcare places and decided to go with Kidz Company which is 1.5 miles from Levi's work and 1.2 miles from my work....Yes, Mr. Evans and I will be working one block from eachother so we can still remain with one vehicle which is awesome and maybe have a lunch date every once in awhile.

So, September 17th is the big first day....for our whole family. First day for Clairana to be in Pre Preschool and First day for Nephi to be in daycare (same place different room) and Levi to get up with the whole family and not just alone and me .... first day back to work - full time.

I must say it is rather corny that we both work for the same company, but oh well.

We will see.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! Good luck with all the changes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I am not able to log onto your blog anymore would love to see how things are going in your house!

      Delete
  2. Weird! Ill send another invite asap. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to it! Co-op

We are back at the school routine! We are blessed to be going back to co-op! I am teaching Logic and Science this year. No pictures of Logic...