Friday, December 31, 2021

Abe Martin Lodge

Our little trip away! 


We highjacked the lodge one evening and made popcorn and turned the big screen to Disney. 

Arcade Time! Aunt Woody gave the kids each money for Christmas so we did a little shopping and some played arcade games and bought things at the gift shop. It was nice not to have that extra expense and to say pick whatever you would like it was your gift. 





It was SO nice to sit with Levi in the hot tub for a few minutes without any children. You can watch the pool from the hot tub so it is easy to keep track of everyone but also everyone traded off on watching Cecily. Magical. 

 Breakfast Time at the Lodge. 
We over ordered and may never eat pancakes again. The next morning we went we ordered yogurt and oatmeal.

Cabella spent most of her money racing cars. 


On Christmas day Levi scored and found us an Asian place that was open. We stopped right before going into the park (we knew everything in the park was closed for the day) It was packed but we didn't care because the food was amazing and everyone got hot tea which was fun. 

The girls spent some time swimming without their life jackets but they enjoyed being able to float in the super fast lazy river. 




 Movie night on the couch. Taking over the lounge area. 

Clairana met this sweet girl named Emily who was from China. I encouraged her to go say hi the first day because she was an only child in the pool and I thought she would enjoy a playmate. She ended up being in the room next to us and was so happy the next morning when all five of our kids yelled to her across the lodge "Morning Emily!" 
Her mom took my number so maybe they could trade pictures of where they live. 



 We went shopping in Brown County for a little while - Coraline suggested they all pile on this sled and take their picture. 


Coraline spent some time with us on the sidelines - she took a little while to warm up to being away from home. 


This kid could care less about anyone else but just herself and the water. She was in love. 

I really wanted to buy this sign at the local store - maybe Levi will make it for me. 


 Hiking up the North Lookout Point. 

I got myself a fancy new shirt. 


This is what most of my pictures look like  - too slow mom.

So I took pictures from the side instead. 


After this Levi tricked me and said the kids needed to tell me something and I fell for it - yep I screamed super embarrassing and he pulled me in. 


 Bella Lou

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corn Service

For our weekly Young Women's activity we picked corn for our local food bank.  We picked over 1600 lbs of sweet corn!  We invited a Musl...