Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Homeschooling Convention!

I went to the homeschooling convention in Ohio this year - last year plans were cancelled so I was really excited for this year. I went with Anne and it was so lovely to go alone and not have a little person - this is the first time I have ever went anywhere without at least a baby since I became a mother. What a blessing. So Nice. 
I got to meet several of the authors that the kids and I have read the past few years and look at lots of curriculums.  Thankfully, by now I have figured out most of the options out there so I go with a list of thoughts. 


So Much Fun. 


I even got a shirt - Tumbleweed Thompson! 


One of the very best - Anne and her littlest love came along with us. He was a dream. 

Another author we read together as a family. 



My favorite! Andrew Pudewa he has taught me so much. He is the creator of Institute for Excellence in Writing which I use with the kids. 

We sat in on one conference talk about college and this was one of many examples of new college safety plans. We also learned of new educational rules in the public school system - I like to be aware of what is going on in the public schools in case we ever have to go down that path and also to honestly reiterate extra reasons of my homeschooling journey. 

I did not start this journey because of the public schools and their teachings I started this journey for my family to be together and learn together on our schedule and enjoy the freedom of this life. I started this journey to be able to teach them about Christ in all areas of learning. I am glad I chose this journey for what is happening in the world today. It is a commitment of my time and all my energy but I truly believe their is no better way to spend my time as a mother. 
It is not always glamourous but life never is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to it! Co-op

We are back at the school routine! We are blessed to be going back to co-op! I am teaching Logic and Science this year. No pictures of Logic...