Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Aunt Woody Visit!

Levi and I had planned a day out to ourselves a few weeks ago and 
Aunt Woody was going to come tend everyone at our house. 

Levi's job has gotten really hectic so he had to cancel on our date but I asked Woody if she minded if I still used the time to be by myself. 
She of course had already planned her day with the kids and was hoping I wouldn't cancel. 

It was GREAT. 
I left everyone after breakfast and Woody brought them donuts and chocolate milk so they barely noticed I left. 

I went shopping for new clothes by myself which I desperately needed. Plus, I needed to figure out my size after Cecily so after several trips to the dressing room I managed to find a few things. 

Then Levi called and said he could meet me for a little while before he headed to another meeting.

We headed down to Indianapolis to the temple. I have not been inside the temple for longer than I would like to admit. Leaving new little ones is always hard and especially when nursing. 

It was long overdue to have a wonderful date with Levi. 
We actually sealed my grandparents together for time in all eternity. 

In the temple, we get to be proxies for the dead and perform marriage sealings and baptisms.
Mostly, you dress in all white and say marriage vows over an alter in front of a priesthood member. 

We believe that the individuals on the other side of the veil then have the choice to accept or decline the performed ordinance. 
In order to take names to the temple, you must have genealogy information.

Levi had to race back to work afterwards and I headed back to the littles. 
I am so thankful for time away and a break in our normal weekly routine, especially in the winter. 



Each temple has the words "Holiness to the Lord" above the door
the same as the Old Testament Temple of Solomon. Most temples are facing east, the direction from which Jesus Christ is prophesied to return. 



I was so sad this one didn't turn out but I had to post it because look how happy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LCA