Friday, August 30, 2019

Word of Wisdom....

If you have followed our blog long enough you probably know we are members of the 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

Lately, I have been impressed to talk about the Word of Wisdom. What is it?

Most times, when people start to talk about our religion they say ooh yeah you guys can't drink coffee or have alcohol. Or aren't you polygamist? (not enough time today to write on that one) 

Have I drank coffee? Yes. 
Have I smoked?  Yes. 
Have I had alcohol? Yes. 

Do I go to church and tell everyone about it....No. Am I ashamed of it. No.

 I am not one to tell everyone or anybody when I have a day when I argue with my husband or I yell at my kids. 
I try not to air my dirty laundry to anyone but in my own prayers - unless you are a close girlfriend or a sister in law. 
What would the world be like if we all showed up together and started our list of weekly sins.
We need positive spiritual moments with each other and good examples. 
Do we all fail? Yes. All. Of. Us. All the Time. 

Thankfully, I have been blessed with the strength to not fall into an addiction unlike so many in this world. 
I also know that these things do not define me and I know my sole main purpose in this life is to be a mother and I WANT and NEED to be healthy enough to be with them for as long as possible. 

Can you be a member of our church or a Mormon and drink - yep. smoke - yep. drink coffee or tea - yep. 
Sin. Yep. 

We all know that we are all sinners. That is why we have Jesus Christ and the Atonement. 

We do have a document that is called the Word of Wisdom. 
It is a outline of ways to be spiritually and physically healthy. 

It does talk about these things but it also talks about how we should eat our fruits and vegetables and eat meat sparingly. 

We also know that it is ultimately between you and the Lord. 

I am only going to be judged by the Redeemer for myself. 
Thankfully. 

I do remember as a child the pastor (John) of a Methodist church said - 
"Do you think God still loves you even though you smoke?" 

"Yes! He loves you! Although you may smell bad to everyone else." 










No comments:

Post a Comment

LCA