Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter 2020 w/Covid 19

Easter.

I must say I did miss going to the store late at night to look at all the Easter things and create the baskets for the kids but online purchases worked out really well. 

We did scripture/book reading, baskets, egg hunting from the Easter bunny.....

Then the girls and I loaded up to do a window visit to my mom and Randy. 
We made them a bird feeder and they left out little candy bags for the kids. 
Although visiting through the patio door was not the same it was REALLY nice to see their faces and the girls enjoyed it. 

We are off to door drop dinner to the sister missionaries tonight who I am sure as a 19 year old away from your family during this pandemic would be scary. They have been apartment quarantined for several weeks now. We will listen to an Easter message with them tonight online. 

Kelly and Reni (Levi's parents) stopped by and hid eggs in our backyard and we talked to them for a few minutes from our balcony which was very nice. We have not seen them since Christmas so it was nice to see their faces too. The kids have not hunted their eggs - it does take greater effort to make sure and not spread any germs! Geez it is really exhausting. 

We had friends from church surprise us and hide eggs a few days ago so we attempted to have the kids pick up eggs with gloves on let them know they can open them in three days (which is the recommended amount of time for the virus to die off of surfaces)

At first I was not feeling 'up' to a holiday during this time but as I set everything out last night and woke up before them this morning I was excited to have a holiday to brighten our day. 

Jesus. He is Risen. I am so very thankful for the blessing of the gospel in our lives. 

I think every time I read the resurrection story in the scriptures I learn something new or a new detail to share with the kids. 

Holiday Completed with Bliss and Social Distancing Completed. 


Bird Call and Tie Dye Kit 















They got one matching dress and one not matching and I love how Clairana went to change when she saw the little girls. 

Newest Toddler Figuring It Out!




Caught this moment - Cecily knocked over Clairana's basket and then started eating her candy. 














The Crew. 



Looking back at these pictures makes me wonder how much chocolate did Cecily really have from all her siblings! Guess they were at least showing love to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LCA