Saturday, February 21, 2015

Grandma & Grandpa Wallace

This is my mother's parents Stan and Gertrude Wallace. Grandpa passed away in 2009 and since then I have grown close to my grandmother. Even when living in Washington. I would call her often and she came to visit us. Clairana and Nephi have always gotten excited when they knew we were going to Oma's house no matter if we just sat in her little living room talking. 

Oma is not doing very well right now and I was very hesitate to take Clairana & Nephi to visit her....mostly for my selfish reason of not wanting to talk about it. I have experienced several deaths on my side of the family and I can honestly say this one will probably hurt the most. Which is strange because I know her spouse and two of her four children are waiting on the other side of the veil to see her again. 

Until last week when Kelly (Levi's dad) came over to play with the toddlers while I did a few chores and told me a story about when Levi was little and visiting his Grandpa Davis as a toddler. 
He said to me - You don't take Clairana & Nephi to visit Oma for you or for them but its for her. Children bring such great warmth and joy and it will provide her happiness. 
So....I took them and it did. 

Being LDS (Latter Day Saints/Mormon) we know that Families can be together Forever and that this is Heavenly Father's Plan and I know one day I will get to meet all of my relatives again......

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shirts - BE

 Levi thought of this idea for a charity softball game he was in. My shirt says "Base Bid" and all the kids have shirts that say &...