Friday, June 28, 2013

PhD - Maybe?!

I have ALWAYS wanted to go back to school and by 'back to school' I mean be on campus with a backpack the whole deal. I got my bachelors online while working and
I just wanted to really feel like a 'real' student.
Levi thinks I am crazy.

Yesterday, after TONS of research and long hours of discussion with Lee...
I went for an 'interview' with a professor at Purdue.
I ended up getting lots of information and talking about myself and my background. I really decided that I wanted to be a mother and have a successful career but didn't want to be stuck with an 8 to 5 position forever...I was missing out on too much already. 

So....

After our meeting, I sent my transcripts and resume over to Dr. F and he informed me that he would like to take me on as a student and fund my Graduate schooling.

What does this mean....well in grad school you work in a lab or on research for 20 hours a week and get paid for this while you take two classes. (Average) Also, once you have a Professor take you on his grant and be your advisor you also get to earn your PhD for FREE. So really you bust your butt and work for a PI (professor) and at the end you get to be called DR. EVANS and get your PhD - exhausted but able to get paid a little and no student loans.

I have heard horrible stories of getting your PhD but right now I am SO excited. On the other hand, I still have to take the GRE test and submit my application to the committee (which this PI will be on)

We are hoping/praying by next August I will be a PURDUE GRADUATE STUDENT.

So, I find out around March 15th - which I know is awhile away but I have some work to do before then so it is great to have a little time.

PS I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE MY BROTHERS CALL ME
DR. EVANS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Young Women President

I was asked to serve as the President in Young Women at church.  I spent the last few early mornings updating the bulletin boards in their r...